Bilingual Family and Program Coordinator Job Posting
Horizons at New Canaan Country School (NCCS) started in 1964 and is the flagship program for what has become a national movement. There are now 58 Horizons sites across the United States and counting. Horizons is a K-12 academic and enrichment program anchored by a six-week summer program, with afterschool and weekend programming throughout the school year. Our educational model has been confirmed to help eliminate the impact of the “summer slide” and bridge the opportunity gap faced by children from under-resourced communities. Each year we serve over 400 students, the majority of whom live in Stamford and Norwalk. We raise our entire budget annually from private sources to ensure that each child receives a full-scholarship for our programming.
Horizons builds brighter futures for K-12 students from low-income families by creating year-round academic, cultural and athletic opportunities, cultivating a safe and supportive community, nurturing potential, and inspiring individual dreams.
We are seeking a Family and Program Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the Family and Program Director (FPD) and Academic Director (AD) in the administration of the summer program, K-12 school year program and the Parent Council and parent programs. The Family and Program Assistant will report to the FPD and work in partnership with the AD and the rest of the six person Horizons team.
Program Data Management and Administration
- Coordinate the receipt and tracking and organization of admissions and re-enrollment forms. Communicate with families regarding requirements, deadlines and missing or incomplete materials
- Prepare, distribute, collect, track and follow-up on all required student forms to ensure that student files are accurate and complete
- Input required data into Education Edge database, ensure accuracy and run requested reports
- Act as database liaison to Horizons National and complete all required reports
- Collaborate with Marketing and Development Coordinator to develop annual data fact pack
- Track, follow-up on and process tutor and academic coach invoices
- Take parent calls and provide timely and accurate information in response to parent questions and concerns.
- Manage the parent portal of the website, ensuring that parents can access the most up to date schedules, forms, calendars, bus routes, etc.
- Track, follow-up on and process registration fees and Parent Council dues
Project Management and Event Planning
- In partnership with the AD and FPD, assist with the planning and execution of parent and student programs and special events
- Prepare master calendar for school year programming and events
- Attend all parent and family meetings and events, track attendance, and provide translation, as necessary
- Provide translation of written family communications, as necessary
- Recruit program volunteers from Horizons families, Board and Board of Governors
- Coordinate volunteers and track volunteer hours
- Track, file and follow-up on all required student forms to ensure that student files are complete and accurate
- Organize and upload medical forms to nurse portal prior to the start of the summer session
- Coordinate field trip and special event logistics
- Prepare summer master schedule and update, as necessary. Assist FPD and AD in creating special event schedules, class and program schedules, class lists and other summer organizational materials
- Manage attendance and dismissal procedures and tracking
- Plan and oversee photo day
- In partnership with development and Marketing Coordinator, manage the process of collecting and distributing donor and volunteer thank you notes
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of experience in an office setting
- Experience with data entry, database management and data reporting
- Willingness to work some weekends and evenings
- Strong organizational skills and use of organizational tools
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree
To learn more, visit: www.horizonskids.org.
Send cover note and resume to Ginny Pracilio at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.