- Guest reader – Sign up to read a story to one of Kindergarten through 2nd grade classes.
- Time and date can be arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Summer Orientation volunteer - Sign up to help with our Summer orientations for our K-8th graders.
- Administrative volunteer - lend a helping hand up in the Horizons office cleaning up student files and other tasks as needed.
- Family and student events volunteer - sign up to help at one of our various special events.
- Times and dates are TBD.
- Pool volunteers – Homeowners can make their pools available for recreational swimming for small groups of students in the afternoon.
- 2.5 mile radius of New Canaan Country School
- Schedule can be negotiated with our Office Manager.
- Parent swim class volunteers – On Tuesday evenings, we provide swim lessons for interested parents. In addition to volunteer swim instructors, we also need volunteer childcare providers.
Group Volunteer Projects: Horizons has a variety of needs that are ideal for church groups, social clubs, scout troops, etc.
- Backpack project - We need 265 backpacks each summer to give to our students filled with basic school supplies . We provide a list of requested supplies and groups can commit to providing a certain number of backpacks. Backpacks are delivered during the last week of the summer program (the week of July 30th).
- Book donations – Collect and donate age-appropriate books (new, please) to be distributed to our students throughout the year.