- Guest reader – Sign up to read a story to one of Kindergarten through 2nd grade classes.
- Time and date can be arranged with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Summer Orientation volunteer - Sign up to help with our Summer orientations for our K-8th graders.
- Administrative volunteer - lend a helping hand up in the Horizons office cleaning up student files and other tasks as needed.
- Family and student events volunteer - sign up to help at one of our various special events.
- Times and dates are TBD.
- Pool volunteers – Homeowners can make their pools available for recreational swimming for small groups of students in the afternoon.
- 2.5 mile radius of New Canaan Country School
- Schedule can be negotiated with our Office Manager.
- Parent swim class volunteers – On Tuesday evenings, we provide swim lessons for interested parents. In addition to volunteer swim instructors, we also need volunteer childcare providers.
Please find the sign up for all available Summer 2019 opportunities HERE.
Group Volunteer Projects: Horizons has a variety of needs that are ideal for church groups, social clubs, scout troops, etc.
- Backpack project - We need 265 backpacks each summer to give to our students filled with basic school supplies . We provide a list of requested supplies and groups can commit to providing a certain number of backpacks. Backpacks are delivered during the last week of the summer program (the week of July 30th).
- Book donations – Collect and donate age-appropriate books (new, please) to be distributed to our students throughout the year.