SUMMER 2018 APPLICATION
Our SUMMER PROGRAM RUNS FROM JUNE 27 TO AUGUST 3 - The Summer Program is a Kindergarten through 8th grade six-week enrichment program. Transportation is provided, and the students are on the New Canaan Country School campus Monday - Friday from 8:15 am - 3:00 pm. The students participate in academics, art classes, swimming (on and off-campus), and field trips. We require that our students attend the entire summer session.
Horizons is a full-scholarship program but there will be a $75 non-refundable processing fee upon acceptance to the program. Each year we have to turn away many of our applicants due to limited space. If you cannot commit to having your child attend every day of our six-week program, please do not apply.
Students applying to Horizons are not guaranteed entry into the program. Every year, we have more applicants than available openings. Our entry points are Kindergarten, 2nd Grade and 6th Grade only. You will receive notification about whether or not your child has been accepted into Horizons by mid-March. If your child is not accepted this year, we hope you will apply again another year. If you have a child in a non-entry grade (1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th), and would like to get a notification about applying if a spot opens, please complete the form below and we will add you to a waiting list. If a spot opens, we will be calling parents on our waiting list so they can complete their application process. Filling out an application does not guarantee entry.
Update: In order for this application to be considered, you must complete and submit this on-line application by December 15, 2017. In addition to the on-line application, you must also submit the following by mail, fax or email to the Horizons office at 635 Frogtown Road, New Canaan, CT 06840 by January 8, 2018:
- REPORT CARD (a copy of your student’s most recent report card)
- IEP or 504 PLAN (only when applicable)
- STUDENT ID number (This number can be found on your child’s report card
- PUBLIC SCHOOL FREE OR REDUCED LUNCH LETTER (if your child does not receive free or reduced lunch from the public school, please submit your 2016 1040 Tax Return)
- SOCIAL WORKER/GUIDANCE COUNSELOR/TEACHER EVALUATION FORM (please download this form from our website and bring it to the child’s social worker/guidance counselor/teacher. Please note that this form is confidential and must be submitted directly to Horizons by the social worker/guidance counselor/teacher)
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 15, 2017. Please call the Horizons office at 203.972.7005 if you have any questions or if you are having difficulty submitting additional paperwork.
If you have a child in a non-entry grade (1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th), and would like to get a notification about applying if a spot opens, please complete this form: Waiting List Profile Sheet and we will add you to a waiting list. Once complete, you can either mail or fax it to the Horizons office. Our fax number is 203.972.2732. If a spot opens, we will be calling parents on our waiting list so they can complete their application process. Filling out an application does not guarantee entry.